Are you heading to Basel this week? If so, you are at the right place to collect some useful information before getting there.
The biggest attraction of the week is naturally the 48th edition of Art Basel’s show that will bring the art world together with 291 art galleries showing the works of over 4,000 artists between 15 and 18 June.
Next to the main Galleries section, visitors will find other sectors such as Feature which is focusing on projects from established and historical artists, Statements, dedicated to new solo projects by emerging galleries, and Edition, showcasing prints and limited edition specialists.
When? (public days)
– 15-18 June, 11:00-19:00
– Messe Basel, Messeplatz 10.
Tickets for Art Basel
You can purchase tickets at the venue or at Basel Tourism information pavilions, but it is worth to buy online to avoid long queues.
Satellite art fairs in Basel
Beyond Art Basel in the Messeplatz, the city is full of smaller, more intimate art fairs dedicated to emerging art, design and photography.
LISTE, which is situated near the Rhine in a former brewery, focuses on young galleries with primarily emerging artists. This year their selection committee has selected 79 galleries from 34 countries from over 250 applicants. 14 galleries will be introduced for the first time.
– 13-17 June, 13:00-21:00;
– 18 June, 13:00-18:00
– LISTE – Art Fair Basel, Burgweg 15, Basel
Ticket for LISTE
– Single ticket CHF 20.00
The 13th edition of VOLTA called “Lucky 13” takes place from 12-17 June at Markthalle. The long-running satellite fair for Art Basel is famous for its eclectic dynamism, focusing on solo presentations (or two- and three-artist booths). This year 70 galleries from 43 cities with artists from 50 countries take part in the fair.
– 13-17 June, 10:00-19:00
– Markthalle, Viaduktstrasse 10, Basel
Tickets for VOLTA
– Single ticket CHF 20.00
You can buy your ticket online with a few clicks.
How to get to the venues
Basel is enough small to walk and the local public transport is very convenient for longer distance.
Public transport fees in Basel
– Short distance: CHF 2.30
– 1 zone: CHF 3.80
– 2 zone: CHF 4.70
Parking fees next to Art Basel (Parkhaus Messe Basel, Riehenstr.)
– 1 hour / CHF 2.00
– 2 hours / CHF 5.00
– 3 hours / CHF 8.00
The show takes place at the Swiss exhibition site Messe Basel.
– By car: the ‘Messe’ exit from the A2 motorway leads directly to the show venue and congress ground.
– By tram: from the main train station (BSS/SNCF) Tram No. 2 in direction Basel, Eglisee till Basel, Messeplatz.
– From Art Basel Tram No. 2 in direction Bahnhof SBB to Wettsteinplatz (1 stop) or 10 minutes by foot.
– From the main train station (BSS/SNCF) Tram No. 2 in direction Messeplatz till Wettsteinplatz (4 stops).
– From the railway station (Bahnhof SBB): Tram Line 1, 2, 8: one stop, 300 m
– From Art Basel: Tram Line 2 (direction Binningen): exit at Markthalle
SIGN UP FOR A 7 DAY FREE TRIAL NOW!
Share this Post